Job Title Warehouse Worker
Position Type: Regular
Level/Salary Range: $16.00 per hour
Will Train Applicant(s): yes Travel Required no
The warehouse worker is in a very physical position, responsible for the loading and unloading of trucks, stacking and wrapping pallets, sorting donated items, moving loaded pallets throughout the warehouse, completing all necessary paperwork for deliveries, and/or distributions, maintaining a clean and safe warehouse. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Inspect contents of deliveries to ensure they are not damaged.
- Pull orders (about 50-pound cases) correctly for agencies.
- Manually stack and wrap pallets of cases.
- Assist drivers with loading/unloading of trucks.
- Complete paperwork on received and/or distributed items by vendor and according to AACFB guidelines.
- Maintain FIFO/FEFO with inventory.
- Maintain assigned zone in the warehouse, help in other zones as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and assist with inventory control.
- Maintain safe and sanitary warehouse with OSHA and USDA standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience working as a warehouse receiver or in a similar position is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 50-pound boxes continuously.
- Communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be a team player.
- Communication skills – warehouse workers interact with many people, including suppliers, supervisors, and employees, so it’s important to be a strong, detailed communicator for things to run smoothly.
- Attention to detail – most warehouse workers work in fast-paced environments. It is important to multitask well under pressure while paying close attention to detail, record maintenance, and order discrepancies.
- Team Work – Must be able to work side by side with other warehouse workers to achieve goals in a timely manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm
We have a vaccine mandate – if not vaccinated, a weekly COVID test must be performed. Masks must be worn at all times and temps taken before entering the warehouse.
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- One location: 120 Marbury Drive, Crownsville, MD 21032
The mission of the Anne Arundel County Food Bank (AACFB) is to fight hunger by ensuring that all those in need have access to food and basic necessities. Other purposes include promoting self-sufficiency, providing basic necessities such as toiletries, household items, school supplies, medical equipment, diapers (adult and children), and clothing. In addition, the AACFB collects data on hunger and assists other nonprofits that share our mission. Food insecurity for individuals and families has increased significantly as a result of the federal furlough, COVID-19, and other related factors. As a result, the demand for the food bank’s services has grown quickly and with it, the need for us to increase our staff team to meet these critical food and nutrition needs.
The Anne Arundel County Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.